Hoi An ancient town Viet Nam
Hoi An ancient town is a leading tourist attraction Vietnam. Every year this ancient city attracts more than 2 million visitors. Tourists stay in Hoi An 3 days in average and they could miss Ha Noi or Sai Gon but never Hoi An.
Hoi An ancient town History and location
Hoi An ancient town is located in the downstream of Thu Bon River Quang Nam province, about 30 km South of Da Nang city. The heritage town used to be the busiest international seaport of Asia in 16th century. It has well-known as an international sea port with different names like Faifo or Hoai Pho. International merchants mainly came here for buying and exchanging frankincense, gold, fresh water, turtle, areca and silk.
Hoi An ancient town architectures
Chinese and Japanese traders have built a lot of temples, ancient houses and assembly halls such as Japanese bridge, Phung Hung old house and Phuc Kien assembly hall. In 19th century, Hoi An river mouth was narrow because of silting, the role an important seaport has moved to Đà Nẵng City. However, thank to that the old town can avoid devastation during French and America war and keep the architecture almost intact.
In general, old houses in Hoi An are tubular and very long without windows. Front building look over the street use for customer or guest, back building look over the river use for collecting the goods. In the middle is small open yard as a store and living quarter of family. There are two floors so that very year when flood come, people can bring furniture up to stare.
Hoi An countryside
With a Hoi An motorbike rental or authentic Bicycle tour in hoi an you can easily visit traditional craft villages such as Kim Bong carpentry village, Thanh Ha pottery village and Tra Que vegetable village are also attractive places for tourist. Besides, Bay Mau coconut forest, and An Bang beach are the top visiting attraction in Hoi An.
Hoi An ancient town Specialities
The famous foods in Hoi An are Banh My Ba Phuong (Mrs. Phuong bread), Cao Lau (vermicelli) My Quang (Quang noodle), Com Ga (chicken rice) Banh Dap (Dap cake)
Cao Lau (vermicelli)
- 80,000 VND/ ticket / Vietnamse visitor.
- 120,000 VND/ ticket / international visitors.
The ticket includes:
- Night market, all old streets, folk games.
5 of listing relics below:
- Japanese Bridge, Cam Pho Communal House, Minh Huong Communal House, House of Tuy Tien Duong, Quan Cong Temple.
- Old houses: Tan ky, Phung Hun, Duc An Quan Thang,Tran Family’s Chapel.
- Assembly Halls: Chaozhou, Guangdong, Fujian.
- Museum: A Cultural History, trade Ceramics, Sa Huynh Culture, Folklore.
- Tomb of the Japanese merchant: Gu Sokukun, Tani Yajirobei, Banjiro
Address of the most popular places:
- Japanese cover bridge: At the West end of Tran Phu St
- Quang Đong Assembly hall: 176 Tran Phu.
- Duong Thuonng Assembly hall: 64 Tran Phu, Street.
- Phuoc Kien Assembly hall: 46 Tran Phu, Street.
- Hải Nam Assembly hall: 10 Tran Phu, Street.
- Trieu Chau Assembly hall: 157 Nguyen Duy Hieu, Street.
- Quan Cong temple: 24 Tran Phu street
- Tan Ky old house: 101 Nguyen Thai Hoc, street
- Quan Thang old house: 77 Tran Phú, street
- Phung Hung old house: 4 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, street