TRA QUE COOKING CLASS BY BICYCLE
Tra Que vegetable village is a little rural sight located 3km North of Hoi An old town. This is an ideal spot for visitors who like to explore nature and learn about local customs. With Tra Que cooking class, you will not only a have chance be immersed yourself in nature, but also to learn making tasty traditional dishes.
TRA QUE COOKING CLASS ITINERARY
IN THE MORNING
8:00 am. Pick up at your hotel in Hoi An then teach you some basic Vietnamese cultures and words. Then take bicycle and get ready to Tra Que village Hoi An.
8:30 am. Start our Tra Que cooking class by cycling to central market. At here, you have chance to communicate with the local sellers and see the ingredients which are used in the cooking lesson later. The camera and phones are absolutely necessary to take pictures of the products.
9:30 am. Keep going to Tra Que herb village Vietnam by bicycling through winding countryside roads and the tranquil atmosphere around.
I. Farming tour: ( Traditional hat and Farmer’s cloth)
- Arrive at Tra Que Vegetable Village, we will take a moment for resting with special welcome drink, using cold towels and Special drink of Tra Que Village.
- Then, you will be taken around the herbs garden. Our tour guide also would love to introduce the history of the village, visit the riparian ecosystem of the local people such as: seaweed to fertilizer for vegetables, the ponds, fish, drop buffalo, chicken, duck.
- Join in plant vegetables together with local farmers. (picking up seaweed, digging, land boarding, making beds, tranplanting vegetables, watering
- Soak foot, relax by some herb in Tra Que vegetable garden after farming tour
II. Rice paper making:
- Make the fire by yourself, hanging the molds rice paper, pour the water to oven.
- Guestwill be introduce and learn how to wash the rice, soak the rice and grind the rice by traditional methods
- Learn to make rice paper and enjoy your products.
III. Cooking class:
- It’s time for cooking in Tra Que garden cooking class. We all go to the restaurant & work together with the chef. With the instructions of the chef, we will learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food. You will learn how to make some flower, animals from tomato, carot, marinated for some local food: Tam Huu, Local Pancake enjoy what you have cooked and some more food in the menu.
2: 00 pm. After relaxing for a while, we get ready to leave Tra Que garden cooking class. Say good bye to the chief, local people who are enthusiastic in guiding us. Then we are going to bicycle back to Hoi An.
2:30 pm. Drop off at your hotel in Hoi An. End Tra Que cooking class tour by cycling.
MENU FOR LUNCH
- Vegetarians: Tam Huu Spring Rolls, local Pancake, papaya Salad, grilled Fish in banana leaves, steamed rice in banana leaves, dessert.
- Non-vegetarians: Tam Huu Spring Rolls, Local Pancake, Vegetarian Spring Rolls, sauteed Tofu with sweet & sour sauce, steamed rice in banana leaves, dessert.
- English speaking guide,
- Village entrance fee